Click on Thumbnails for the original pics from the camera
In these three exposures, you should be able to see top to bottom
Description of test: From left to right, and top to bottom:
Conclusion: This was a before and after test. I placed a dribble (about 2 cc) of each of the three detergents from Test 10 on the blaze camo. Tempo is on the left, All is in the middle and Ultra-Gain is on the right. They all three glowed, but the Ultra-Gain glowed the least. Funny, but it does not even claim any of this Free/Clear claptrap. I then put the fabric and a hunting sock into the washing machine and ran them as a normal load. If there had been any glowing at all, I would have gone further with testing, but you can see that there was no appreciable glow to the camo sample. The green hunting sock, did pick up a bunch of cotton lint that glowed considerably. You can see that on the picture on the right.
One other thing. In examining the middle shot on the computer, I did notice a small patch of florescence. In going through my other pictures, I realized that this was a left over stain from test #7 on 11/6. The detergent had been on there for over a month and had not come off, even after washing. However, it's subtle. If you don't see it, I won't be surprised, but it is there.
Bottom line: The addition of UV brighteners to fabric via detergent does not seem to appreciably enhance the florescence of a non-fluorescing fabric, at least to a level that could be documented in the tests.
© 2001, 2010 William E Allendorf , All Rights Reserved Powered by myexissatan